Thursday, February 22, 2007

dW 02.21.07

scripture

Matthew 6:24

"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money.


quote

We all serve someone or something.


thoughts

I met a man yesterday at my office away from my office. He was in a meeting with a coworker friend of mine. I was asked to join the meeting for a few minutes. While I was there I noticed that this man had a bracelet on that were links of fishing swivel snaps. I had a suspicion that this was something he wore to remind him that Jesus and now he as a disciple of were both fishers of men. I commented on it and he then commented on my “Not of This World” hat. Okay, now I knew that he was a fellow brother in the Lord. This man is now receiving the dW and I’ve made a new friend who shares with me the task of letting our light shine in the work place.


Rhetorical Question

Do we wear Christian clothing, adhere Christian symbols to our cars, and so on to make known to other believers who we are? Or do we use these things to speak to the world of our identity in Christ and His desire for them to find eternal satisfaction in their Savior? I was challenged by a preacher I listened to this week by what he said. “The conversion rate of this world will not rise unless our conversation rate increases” - Reggie McNeal. I don’t know if this little story has any closure to it but may it provide you and I with something on which to meditate. “The question isn’t, were you challenged? But were you changed?”

No comments:

Quote

“The best thing to do with the best things in life is to give them away.” Shane Claiborne