Monday, March 19, 2007

dW 03.19.07

scripture
Jeremiah 29:11-13
“For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.”

thought
It does not say, For you know the plans I have for you. It says, For I know the plans I have for you. God is not surprised by the circumstance in our lives. He knows they are coming and He either prepares us for them, or He grants us the strength the bear them when they come. He never leaves us in the storm alone. We only question His presence in the storm because our eyes are closed so we cannot see Him or because we are screaming so loud we cannot hear Him. Peace be still our souls and listen to our Lord, “I am with you!”

No comments:

Quote

“The best thing to do with the best things in life is to give them away.” Shane Claiborne