Tuesday, May 22, 2007

dW 05.22.07

scripture

Romans 11:33-36

Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out! "Who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has been his counselor?" "Who has ever given to God, that God should repay him?" For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be the glory forever! Amen.

thought

A new born baby can only see about 8 to 12 inches in front of their face. Imagine a new born baby telling their mom and dad that they didn’t need their help or their advice. “Hey, we need to talk. I can see everything around me so I can handle this on my own.” Isn’t that how we treat God some times? Look again at the verses above. Think, “Have I ever finished God’s sentence? Have I ever given God advice? Have I ever done God a favor?” The answer is a resounding NO. Then Paul puts it all into perspective – “For FROM God and THROUGH God and TO God are all things. FOR God’s own glory.” Amen!

 

No comments:

Quote

“The best thing to do with the best things in life is to give them away.” Shane Claiborne