Tuesday, July 10, 2007

dW 07.10.07

Scripture

Mark 4:21-23
He said to them, "Do you bring in a lamp to put it under a bowl or a bed? Instead, don't you put it on its stand? For whatever is hidden is meant to be disclosed, and whatever is concealed is meant to be brought out into the open. If anyone has ears to hear, let him hear.”

Story
I was confronted last week by someone that I had offended someone else. I was told by this individual that speaking about such things might push people away from Jesus instead of to Jesus. I challenged him saying, “Am I supposed to please men or please God?” He responded that more people are won over by how we live and not by what we say. This irritated me because what we say is a sign of how we live and vice versa. I understand his thought but I do not agree that true Christians should remain silent. Then a verse came to mind 2 Corinthians 6:14, “What fellowship can light have with darkness?”

Thought
When light and dark collide there are tensions. If no tensions exist then you've got your dimmer switch engaged.

No comments:

Quote

“The best thing to do with the best things in life is to give them away.” Shane Claiborne