Monday, December 17, 2007

dW 12.17.07

scripture

 

Luke 6:41-42

"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, 'Brother, let me take the speck out of your eye,' when you yourself fail to see the plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

 

quote

 

It is much easier for me to see my sin in you than it is for me to see my sin in me.

Unknown

 

thoughts

 

At the root of pointing out the sins of others is a desire to make yourself look better. However, sin is sin and all sin is grievous to a Holy God.

No comments:

Quote

“The best thing to do with the best things in life is to give them away.” Shane Claiborne