Thursday, January 24, 2008

dW 01.24.08

scripture

 

2 Samuel 6:14-15

David, wearing a linen ephod danced before the LORD with all his might, while he and the entire house of Israel brought up the ark of the LORD with shouts and the sound of trumpets.

 

What’s an ephod?

It is a Hebrew word which can mean either a piece of clothing like a skirt that went from the waist to the knee or a garment like a vest or a jacket that only the priests wore.

 

The Message translation says it this way, “David, ceremonially dressed in priest's linen, danced with great abandon before God.”

 

En Espanol

 

lyrics

 

song: David

artist: Spoken

 

Oh God let your spirit fall on me,

Your perfect peace comes down and amazes me,

It’s like a dream or a vision inside of me,

Your perfect peace comes down and amazes me,

Oh God I want to dance like David,

Every time I fall on my face,

I dream of a place so far away,

Don’t want to hide my face for another day,

Everything I do, I want to do it for you,

Unlike the others who have fallin' and slipped away,

They’ve slipped away, move swiftly now, don't fall behind

No comments:

Quote

“The best thing to do with the best things in life is to give them away.” Shane Claiborne