Friday, March 28, 2008

dW 03.28.08

scripture

 

Philippians 1:27
Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ. Then, whether I come and see you or only hear about you in my absence, I will know that you stand firm in one spirit, contending as one man for the faith of the gospel

 

quote

 

Because we are the handiwork of God it follows that all our problems and their solutions are theological.
A. W. Tozer

 

thoughts

 

Tozer is my hero today. When right theology is applied then right orthopraxy will result. Boy, does this speak to me today. To deny this is evidence of compromise and an unwillingness to confront whatever issue there might be.

 

In my mind I picture two farmers leaning on their spades talking. One farmer says to the other, “That there spade is in great condition.” With indignation the other farmer responds, “How dare you call this a spade! This is an excavation tool.”

 

I believe that the church is in grave danger when it lacks the ability to call out its members, let alone the world when it comes to that which is ungodly.

No comments:

Quote

“The best thing to do with the best things in life is to give them away.” Shane Claiborne