Friday, June 6, 2008

dW 06.06.08

scripture

 

Romans 6:6-7

For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin- because anyone who has died has been freed from sin.  

 

En Espanol

 

thoughts

 

The Apostle Paul wrote this. It reads easy and sounds simple. However, if you are anything like me then you know that when you try to live for God the flesh gets in the way. Today as I read these verses above I am a bit discouraged. I realize that I am no longer dead in my sin but I want to experience the freedom from sin ultimately fulfilled, which means that I have to wait until I reach heaven. But in waiting there is struggle and strife, victory and failure, brokenness and healing – these cycles are not necessarily enjoyable. However, it is within these cycles that we learn dependency on God and are refined to be more like His Son.

 

scripture

 

Romans 5:1-5

Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.

 

En Espanol

No comments:

Quote

“The best thing to do with the best things in life is to give them away.” Shane Claiborne