Friday, September 4, 2009

dW 09.04.09

dW

 

scripture

 

1 Corinthians 13:4-7

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.

Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up.

It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

It does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil;

Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

It does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth;

It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

 

En Espanol; 1 Corintios 13:4-7

 

quote

 

Wherever the words "love" or "it" appear, substitute your own name. See how you feel when you read the personalized verses for Y-O-U. It left me with much inner reflection. Am I love/do I show love CONSISTENTLY to- my husband, my son, my family, my friends, coworkers, strangers? The answer, sadly, is NO. Thank goodness that I serve a loving God who allows me to admit my shortcomings & then provides His word, His love, His guidance to help me to be more like Him. –K.B.

No comments:

Quote

“The best thing to do with the best things in life is to give them away.” Shane Claiborne