Thursday, April 1, 2010

RE: dW 03.31.10

RE: dW 03.31.10

 

response

 

My wife asked me yesterday why I paired the scripture and quote that I did. She thought it would be a good idea to share with you what I shared with her.

 

“That pairing came from a scripture email that I received today. I only have my work email site accessible so I couldn't do anything else. However... there is an interesting connection. The disciples thought Jesus was going to be their earthly messiah king. Yet He was crucified. That would be a big problem for their messiah king to be killed. Lots of people had their own notions of what Jesus was on earth to do but God's purpose for Him was supreme. The same is true for today. Some people think that God did not intend for Jesus to be crucified. So God had to raise Him from the dead to bypass the attempt that people and the Devil made to remove Jesus. This, however, cannot be true since God is sovereign. Nothing catches God off guard. God never says, "I didn't see that coming. That is going to be a problem." He is sovereign and His plans will not be foiled. Amen! I feel like preaching!!!!!”

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

scripture

 

Luke 23:13-21
Pilate called together the chief priests, the rulers and the people, and said to them, “You brought me this man as one who was inciting the people to rebellion.  I have examined him in your presence and have found no basis for your charges against him.  Neither has Herod, for he sent him back to us; as you can see, he has done nothing to deserve death.  Therefore, I will punish him and then release him.”  With one voice they cried out, “Away with this man!  Release Barabbas to us!”  (Barabbas had been thrown into prison for an insurrection in the city, and for murder.)  Wanting to release Jesus, Pilate appealed to them again.  But they kept shouting, “Crucify him!  Crucify him!”

 

quote

 

God has no problems, only plans.
Corrie ten Boom

 

No comments:

Quote

“The best thing to do with the best things in life is to give them away.” Shane Claiborne