Monday, May 10, 2010

dW 05.10.10

dW

 

scripture

 

I John 1:9

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

 

En Espanol, 1 Juan 1:9

 

James 5:16

Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.

 

En Espanol, Santiago 5:16

 

thought

 

I scratched the outside of my thumb about four weeks ago.  The scratch turned into a red welt which I’ve been ignoring all this time.  This morning I took a closer look at the welt and realized that something was stuck in there.  I pushed around on it and out came a splinter!  For almost four weeks I’ve been thinking that this welt was just a scratch, something trivial that did not require my attention.  Below the surface however was a foreign object that was not being dealt with.  This made me wonder: Do I have unconfessed sins?  Am I harboring bitterness, withholding forgiveness, denying brokenness that needs healing? 

No comments:

Quote

“The best thing to do with the best things in life is to give them away.” Shane Claiborne