Friday, July 16, 2010

dW 07.16.10

dW

 

scripture

 

Psalm 51:10-12

Create in me a pure heart, O God,
       and renew a steadfast spirit within me.

Do not cast me from your presence
       or take your Holy Spirit from me.

Restore to me the joy of your salvation
       and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.

 

En Espanol, Salmos 51:10-12

 

quote

 

The Spirit is Love expressed towards man as redeeming love, and the Spirit is truth, and the Spirit is the Holy Spirit. Redemption is inconceivable without truth and holiness.
Roland Allen

 

thought

 

No single book within the Bible can be held apart from the rest of its books.  The Bible is what is called a grandnarrative, which cannot be properly understood when divided.  Neither can the Old Testament be separated from the New, for the Old proclaims the New and the New confirms the Old.  It is within the coherent whole of Scripture that we are able to find, discern, and live out truth.

No comments:

Quote

“The best thing to do with the best things in life is to give them away.” Shane Claiborne