Wednesday, August 4, 2010

dW 08.04.10

dW

 

scripture

 

John 15:18-21

Jesus taught His disciples saying, “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. Remember the words I spoke to you: 'No servant is greater than his master.' If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also. They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the One who sent me.”

 

En Espanol,  Juan 15:18-21

 

thought

 

A pastor once said, “We should not be surprised when the world acts like the world.  How can they act any other way?”  While this is true, I still find it hard to stomach sometimes.  It hurts to be treated in unloving ways.  However, may we not fuel unloving actions with more unloving actions in return.  May we learn to see the world as broken and in need of healing and restoration.  May we find ourselves on our knees in prayer for an adversary more often than we find ourselves toe to toe with an adversary.  The ideologies of the world are not the ideologies of Christ.  Be not as the world is but be as Christ.  May God give us the strength to pursue such a high calling.

No comments:

Quote

“The best thing to do with the best things in life is to give them away.” Shane Claiborne