Friday, November 12, 2010

dW 11.12.10

dW

 

scripture

 

Genesis 12:1-4

The LORD had said to Abram, “Go from your country, your people and your father’s household to the land I will show you. I will make you into a great nation, and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you.” So Abram went, as the LORD had told him; and Lot went with him. Abram was seventy-five years old when he set out from Harran.

 

En Espanol, Genesis 12:1-4

 

thought

 

God essentially told Abram to leave everything he knew for sure and to just get moving.  ‘Don’t worry about the details.  Trust Me.’  What is God going to ask of me?  What is He asking of me right now?  Am I going to be immediately obedient?  Or am I going to miss an opportunity to partake in God’s best because I did not trust Him to be my everything?  Oh God, I am a man of little faith but I want to be used by You.  Help me to keep my eyes on You in a relentless pursuit of Your will in order to build Your kingdom and to bring unto You all the glory that You are so deserving of.

No comments:

Quote

“The best thing to do with the best things in life is to give them away.” Shane Claiborne