Thursday, April 12, 2007

dW 04.11.07

scripture

Romans 7:9, 12

Once I was alive apart from law; but when the commandment came, sin sprang to life and I died… So then, the law is holy, and the commandment is holy, righteous and good.

 

thought

The law is like a gas gauge. If you drove without a gas gauge in place then you are at risk of running out of gas and being stranded. For those of us who have gas gauges in our vehicles, do we get angry when it hits the big E? No, of course not. Imagine someone getting angry and yelling at the gas gauge - “Why do you have to judge me? I just want to drive.” Instead we say, “Okay the gauge reads empty that means I need gas.” In the same way the law works. It simply makes us aware of our need for a savior.

 

quote

The Bible illuminates our darkness and makes us see what truly is.

No comments:

Quote

“The best thing to do with the best things in life is to give them away.” Shane Claiborne