Wednesday, April 18, 2007

dW 04.16.07

quote/scripture

O God, I beg two favors before I die. First, help me never to tell a lie. Second, give me neither poverty or riches! Give me just enough to satisfy my needs. For if I grow rich, I may deny you and say, “Who is the LORD?” And if I am poor, I may steal and thus insult God’s holy name. (Proverbs 30:7-9) -Agur

 

thought

What would happen of more of us would risk:

·         contentment over consumption?

·         satisfaction over searching for more?

·         more gratitude over meaningless gratification?

·         resting in what we have over restlessness in what we lack?

·         connecting with the Joneses instead of competing with them?

·         giving more money to God’s work over getting a new toy?

·         careers for a cause?

·         having less on earth for more in heaven?

-Risk, by Kenny Luck

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OUCH Kyle you keep stepping on my toes… :)

Kyle said...

You should read the book. Its killing me.

Quote

“The best thing to do with the best things in life is to give them away.” Shane Claiborne