Monday, April 23, 2007

dW 04.23.07

scripture

 

1 Corinthians 1:1-3

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing… (read more)

 

quote

 

If the first mark of a true and living church is love, the second is suffering. The one is naturally consequent on the other. A willingness to suffer proves the genuineness of love.

By John Stott - What Christ Thinks of the Church: An Exposition of Revelation 1 - 3 (Grand Rapids, Baker: 2003) 35

 

information

 

Each week without fail I meet many people of many different religions. This can cause much confusion if you aren’t well informed. CARM is a great resource for us as Christians to find out what other religions believe and why we believe differently. When we know what they believe and what the Bible says about it, then we will know how we can converse with them about spiritual matters. Our conversations should be meaningful and by all means lead others to Jesus Christ.

 

CARM

 

Click the picture or copy/paste this link: http://www.carm.org/

 

No comments:

Quote

“The best thing to do with the best things in life is to give them away.” Shane Claiborne