Friday, May 23, 2008

dW 05.23.08

scripture

 

Psalm 77:1-2 AMP

I will cry to God with my voice, even to God with my voice, and He will give ear and hearken to me. In the day of my trouble I seek (inquire of and desperately require) the Lord; in the night my hand is stretched out [in prayer] without slacking up; I refuse to be comforted.

 

En Espanol

 

quote

 

D. L. Moody used to say, "In our prayers we talk to God, in our Bible study, God talks to us, and we had better let God do most of the talking."  We certainly ought to spend more time every day listening to what God has to say to us in His Word than we require Him to spend in listening to what we have to say to Him in our prayers.

R. A. Torrey

No comments:

Quote

“The best thing to do with the best things in life is to give them away.” Shane Claiborne