Monday, May 17, 2010

dW 05.17.10

dW

 

scripture

 

Psalm 91: 1-2

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."

 

En Espanol, Salmos 91:1-2

 

quote

 

Anyone can count the seeds in an apple, but only God can count the number of apples in a seed.
Robert H. Schuller

 

name

 

Another name of God is Machesh, , which means “fortress; refuge; shelter”. It is interesting that if Westerners are asked who/what God is, they will generally speak of Him in terms like omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent, ect. Asking a Hebrew the same question would result in images such as rock, fortress, judge, king, light, ect. What can we learn from this difference in speaking of and thinking of God?

No comments:

Quote

“The best thing to do with the best things in life is to give them away.” Shane Claiborne