Monday, May 14, 2007

dW 05.14.07

scripture

Hebrews 13:18-19 AMP

Keep praying for us, for we are convinced that we have a good (clear) conscience, that we want to walk uprightly and live a noble life, acting honorably and in complete honesty in all things. And I beg of you [to pray for us] the more earnestly, in order that I may be restored to you the sooner.

letter

Below is a portion of a letter that took me just 15 minutes to type. I have made an icon link for PrisonerAlert on the top right of the dailyWord homepage. Please click it and see how you can be an encouragement to our brothers and sisters in bondage for their faith in Jesus Christ.

How?

1) Write a letter of encouragement to the prisoner.

2) Write a letter to the prison asking for their release.

Dear Brother Dmitry,

Greetings to you in the precious name of Jesus, the son of God, the redeemer of souls. I have heard about your imprisonment. I write to you so that you will know that you are not forgotten. I will pray for you. I ask God to give you strength to stand boldly before your accusers and to represent Him well. Jesus tells us all in Luke 6 verse 28 to bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. Please do not lose heart. Know that your heavenly Father cares…

No comments:

Quote

“The best thing to do with the best things in life is to give them away.” Shane Claiborne