Wednesday, May 16, 2007

dW 05.16.07

scripture

Proverbs 17:17
A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

thought

I always thought that this verse meant brothers were born to make you tough. My pastor used this verse and commented that a friend is there only when things are good. But a brother will be there when things are bad.

application

Ask yourself, am I a friend or a brother to those around me? Will I offer help when it is within my power but not really convenient? Do I stop and talk to someone that’s hurting to offer encouragement even if it means that I am five minutes late to where I am headed? Or am I the friend that is there only when it is suits me?

 

No comments:

Quote

“The best thing to do with the best things in life is to give them away.” Shane Claiborne