Friday, February 2, 2007

dW 02.02.07

scripture

James 2:15-17

Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to him, "Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

lyrics

Cold Cash And Colder Hearts, Thrice

They are sick, they are poor
And they die by the thousands and we look away…

'Cause we don't have the time
Here at the top of the world
Feeling alright
Here at the top of the world…

Different god, darker skin
They are just not a burden that we'd like to bear
They are living in "sin"
There are so many reasons for us not to care…

We've learned that money matters most
So we keep our cards held close
Here at the top of the world…

They are no one
They are nowhere
They are not our problem
Not worth saving
Nonexistent if we keep our hearts cold…

self check

ask yourself, “am I a well wisher or a giver?” do our actions classify us as priests and levites? or as good Samaritans? (Luke 10:25-37)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love these verses. They are the foundation of the Bible study/church group I am involved in.
:) By the way, I just wanted to thank you for sending out the daily word. Work is so hectic all the time and the daily Word helps bring me back to basics. When I am having a super busy day I try to take a time out when the DW email comes my way to read and reflect for a sec. :)

R.A.

Quote

“The best thing to do with the best things in life is to give them away.” Shane Claiborne